Advanced Caldicott Guardian
BOOK A COURSE
Advanced Caldicott Guardian
- Call scheduled for 2 hours.
- Presentation will be issued 4 working days in advance.
- You will need to read the course materials prior to the session, so at the beginning you can highlight any areas that you may be specifically unsure of, or if you any specific issues/scenarios that you may want to discuss. These will be factored into the session.
- After the session, time will be spent reflecting and consolidating training learnt into a development plan.
- Overall the training will be 6 hours, a CPD certificate will be issued.
Why do you need Advanced Caldicott Guardian training?
Undertaking Advanced Caldicott Guardian training helps you to:
- Enhance your role as an experienced CG
- provide advice on how to influence and position CG matters at board level
- examine previous decisions and case studies in depth to explore what issues need to be considered when you are faced with Caldicott questions
- review your own CG decisions and reflect on any additional actions and thoughts to assist decision making going forward
- evaluate data sharing arrangements and your role
Effective Advanced Caldicott Guardian training will:
- improve your decision making when making Caldicott decisions
- support you in acting as the “conscience” of the organisation
- through a wide range of case studies, help you to explore additional reflection when sharing data and maintaining confidentiality
- identify learning and development opportunities for your staff and you as a CG
The GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 requires you to provide a compliant environment to handling personal data.
Caldicott principle 6, also requires you to be compliant with the law.
However, as a Caldicott Guardian, compliance with additional legislation such as the Common Law duty of Confidentiality, safeguarding, human rights and lawful sharing with the police needs to be applied alongside data protection legislation.
Who needs Advanced Caldicott Guardian training?
This course is for all those who have a basic understanding of the CG role but want to explore their decisions and gain knowledge of other “real life” scenarios and issues affecting CGs nationally.
Specifically it is ideal for:
- Senior roles in a Healthcare organisation responsible for patient or service users’ confidential information
- Other senior members of staff to champion confidentiality issues, for example your managers or supervisors who need to know what you expect from them in terms of patient confidentiality and data sharing and how you expect them to deliver
- Those in an Information Governance role wanting a better insight to confidentiality and how to support the Caldicott Guardian
- Those deputising for the Caldicott Guardian
Aims of the course
To equip those within an organisation responsible for confidentiality and patient/ service user information to understand and address their Caldicott Guardian role including their accountabilities and responsibilities for:
- Assessing their own organisations compliance with the Caldicott principles
- To understand the Caldicott Guardian role including what is expected of them by providing advice and guidance on fulfilling that role
- To know what to consider before sharing information
- To have confidence in applying the Caldicott Principles
- To promote questions and discussions