Advanced Caldicott Guardian Masterclass
About the Course
This course is aimed at already trained Caldicott Guardians wishing to develop their skill and expertise in the role.
Being a Caldicott Guardian, and therefore the “conscience” of an organisation can be a challenging and complicated role. We have successfully trained hundreds of Caldicott Guardians and subsequently become energetically involved in supporting and guiding their difficult decisions.
We recognise that once trained in the basics, further development in the role can be difficult to achieve.
Over the years we have learnt and understood what those who, having been trained in the basics, now need to apply the principles in practice back in their organisation. We know it is not always simple to know how they should develop their Caldicott Guardian roles, particularly post GDPR and the new legislation.
In response to numerous requests, and based on our extensive bespoke Caldicott Guardian support, we have now designed a contemporary, practical and interactive seminar that is mainly case study based developed using real life events that have we have faced with our clients (always anonymous of course!).
The seminar will bring attendees up to date with the latest relevant European rulings, challenge them with actual Caldicott Guardian events and questions and importantly enable them to discuss options and outcomes with like-minded professionals in a safe learning environment facilitated by recognised Caldicott Guardian and Information Governance experts with years of experience in making complex decisions and disclosures concerning sensitive personal data.
Course content and material used during the day will be available for delegates to take away and retain as aide-memoires.
Key Learning Objectives for this course are:
- Build confidence in the application of the Caldicott Guardian role
- Examine complex scenarios faced by Caldicott Guardians in their day to day work
- Consider and debate some of the difficult Caldicott Guardian challenges and demands
- Make new connections and network with Caldicott Guardian colleagues
- Promote the lawful and ethical application of Caldicott Guardian Principle 7 (the duty to share information with the 3rd parties, especially the police)
- New Principle 8 “Inform patients and service users about how their confidential information is used”
- Share experiences and expand personal knowledge
- The opportunity to access our experienced and respected Caldicott Guardian and Information Governance specialists
- Very interesting and informative – thank you!
- Really useful and great to have people participating from a range of different organisations and perspectives
- I genuinely really enjoyed this course, I didn’t think I would! Just thought it would be necessary to do but it made real sense and I felt involved and interested throughout