Data Protection (GDPR) Overview
About the Data Protection (GDPR) Overview Course
The GDPR overview course is aimed at all staff and volunteers and provides a detailed introduction to one of the most important data protection policy, training will help employees understand the importance of protecting sensitive information and will provide them with the knowledge and skills needed to keep personal data safe.
Keeping above board on new regulations means businesses can protect themselves from data breaches and potential fines or penalties.
We also present appropriate recent and pertinent case studies for attendees to discuss and learn from.
Covering a range of themes:
- Understand the basic legislation / expectations around data protection and UK GDPR requirements.
- Be aware of what compliance looks like.
- Identify and understand your role in a serious incident / data breach.
- Facilitated via Microsoft ‘Teams’ (2.5 hours duration).
- Our core presentation will be issued to delegates at least 4 working days in advance.
- We recommend that you study the course materials prior to the session, so you can highlight any areas that you may be specifically unsure of, or if you any specific issues/scenarios that you may want to discuss. Where possible these will be blended into the session.
After the session, time should be spent reflecting and consolidating training learnt into a development plan.
Key Learning Objectives for this course are:
- Key definitions & related vocabulary.
- Key post holders / roles / responsibilities.
- Key tasks.
- Legal overview.
- UK GDPR / Data Protection principles
Types of data / lawful basis.
- Individual rights of data subjects, including Subject Access Requests.
- Compliance & the potential impact of non-compliance.
- Privacy by design considerations.
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs).
- Management of information assets.
- Data breaches.
Case studies / current trends / audit findings.
- Discussion around delegates current position / queries.
No event found!
- Really enjoyed the session and the trainer’s level of knowledge and expertise
- Very knowledgeable trainers. It was good to get an update on the latest UKGDPR rules so we can be confident in our day to day practices.