Subject Access Request and Redaction - SAR Training
About the Subject Access Request (SAR) and Redaction Training
The Subject Access Request & Redaction of Information Workshop (Advanced) course is an interactive workshop, aimed at all staff that respond to and handle Subject Access Requests (SAR’s).
To attend this course delegates MUST have completed previous Subject Access Request & Redaction training, or have held their post for some time. On attending this session, the delegate will have had prior experience (whether through training or on the job) of responding to SARs and will have working knowledge of the legislation.
This interactive workshop is intended to build on current skills and competencies and will cover various scenarios.
Covering a range of themes:
- Legislation that applies to SAR’s
- Identifying and understanding a range of SAR’s
- Applying exemptions and practising Redaction.
- Facilitated via Microsoft ‘Teams’ (2.5 hours duration).
- Our core presentation will be issued to delegates at least 4 working days in advance.
- We recommend that you study the course materials prior to the session, so you can highlight any areas that you may be specifically unsure of, or if you any specific issues/scenarios that you may want to discuss. Where possible these will be blended into the session.
After the session, time should be spent reflecting and consolidating training learnt into a development plan.
Key Learning Objectives for this course are:
- Refresh Delegates understanding of legislation
- Applying exemptions
- Range of SAR’s requests
- Practise the use of redaction
- Response letters
- Discussion around delegates current position / queries.
Course Feedback for our SAR Sessions
The course materials were very informative, concise, clear, easy to read and understand. The session was delivered at just the right pace and was a perfect for the needs of all attendees who had different levels of knowledge and interest. The session helped to embed the message of the importance of adhering to a clear process when dealing with access requests.
- That was a “Really informative session regards SAR and redaction. The trainer’s knowledge was outstanding. We redact consistently with all applications that we receive; it is always helpful to refresh the need for this”.
- Interesting course material delivered in a professional and engaging way. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you.